Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Philosophy

Philosphy started out as best as I can figure as a type of science. An observational type of science, where the ancients would observe and theorize about how things work. Sometime in the Middle ages I think, science and philosphy split into two different discplines.

Philosophy I believe is now a strictly observational science. I am sure that there are plenty of philosophers out there that would disagree with me on it being a science at all.

I do know this. Philosphy is about thinking and writing down your thoughts, at least it is for me. I hope to go to school one day and study it. Right now I do a sort of ad hoc study of philosophy and philosophers. I read their writings and then I read what other people think they meant with their writings.

No comments: